Pages

Followers

Search This Blog

Have you made the most important decision of your life? Where will you spend Eternity? To make heaven is as simple as ABC- Accept you are a sinner, Believe that Jesus died for your sin and Confess HE is Lord.

BundleoftheWeek.com, 5 eBooks for $7.40!

7 May 2007

Where is your treasure?

Don’t store up treasures on earth! Moths and rust can destroy them, and thieves can break in and steal them. Instead, store up your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy them, and thieves cannot break in and steal them. Your heart will always be where your treasure is.
Mat 6:19-21



Over the last one month, I have been hearing about different Nigerian investment schemes especially the High Yielding Investment Programs (HYIP) like Nospecto, Seftreg, Wealth Zone, Wealth Solution, Treasure Line etc. Apparently they have been in existence for some time now but I just “discovered” them recently. Everywhere I go I hear people talk about these schemes and how to make lots of money in a short while. Everyone including myself wants to gain financial freedom. I mean who wants to be in the rat race forever, definitely not me! I want to be able to live a very comfortable life, not depend on my salary and also invest ahead so that my children can live well. I am sure many people have a "similar" financial vision to mine.

Ok, so we all want to be wealthy, rich, set a legacy for our children but it seems that is all many people are doing- concentrating on storing up treasures on earth which can be destroyed or stolen. Who says any of these schemes cannot fizzle out tomorrow? If this is the case, that means we cannot depend solely on these schemes or wherever it is we are storing our treasure to give us the freedom that we so desire. So where does that leave us? One thing I love about God is that he does not leave you stranded, if he tells you what not to do, he definitely will tell you what to do, so there is a way out! In the passage above, we are commanded/advised/encouraged to store our treasures in heaven. Am sure you are asking, “So how on earth do I store my treasure in heaven?” Right question!

Well for starters you don’t have to literally go up to heaven to store your treasure there. You store your treasure in heaven here on earth. Getting confused? Ok, what I mean is, or what I understand from this Word is that to store my treasure in heaven I need to consecrate myself fully to God and help all men that are in need. How many times have people come to meet us to assist them but we send them away without helping them even when we are in the position to help? How many of us pay our tithes, donate money to missionaries, the orphans, the motherless, the prison ministries, the nonprofit organisations that help those in needs etc. Those were opportunities God gave us to store our treasures in heaven. This passage of the bible stresses this principle:

When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat, and when I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I was a stranger, you welcomed me, and when I was naked, you gave me clothes to wear. When I was sick, you took care of me, and when I was in jail, you visited me." Then the ones who pleased the Lord will ask, "When did we give you something to eat or drink? When did we welcome you as a stranger or give you clothes to wear or visit you while you were sick or in jail?" The king will answer, "Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed you did it for me." Matthew 25:35-40

Each person on earth was created by God so any time we help someone in need we are doing it for God and he is the rewarder of all good deeds. It may not seem like it because you can’t see money multiplying in your account but when you invest in God’s people he will surely reward you here on earth. When they say givers never lack, believe it because it is VERY true. I have personally experienced and also heard testimonies of several people who do not necessarily invest their money in stocks and shares but are givers and they never want. God always meet their needs. This is because the bible says Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with what measure you mete it shall be measured to you again. Luke 6:38

So dear friends, invest your money wisely. Lay up treasures that cannot be taken away from you.
As you invest your money in schemes, stocks, shares etc, remember that it is far more rewarding to invest in people and in God’s work. Someone’s life can be saved today just because you invested in them. Selah

6 comments:

  1. lolololol @ selah.

    Yeah, the key and emphasis in every area of life should be balance.

    So, I like when you said "As you invest your money in schemes, stocks, shares etc, remember that it is far more rewarding to invest in people and in God’s work."

    Good message. You are preaashinnnnnnnnnnnnng! lol

    Btw, I talked to "O" yesterday. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one girl! The balance message is the one we all need considering, before people used to give and not invest, now we invest and kinda neglect to give.Another aspect of giving that i thing we also neglect is to our pastors and leaders over us, the bible says we should not forget to communicate to people who teach us in all good things.Thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job...
    Well done...
    U are really doing well with your blog...
    I wish i had the time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @niyi, writefreak- Yes! the emphasis is on the BALANCE. Thanks for pointing that out

    @bankymoore- Thanks for the encouragement :) Am sure you can always find time if you want to start blogging, just put your mind to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for blessing me. I am a giver that never lacks. Although I sometimes underestimate him knowing that he will fill my account before I write off a certain bill, I still put it off to give myself time, hmm my car note is due! lol. I just wanted to share that I give stranded people rides time without number and once I had to buy their gas and jerry can for them but in the same vein, there is someone in my life who always seems to see my goals before I speak them and so I continue to meet and beat my financial targets on schedule and those with worldly eyes will look and never understand how I do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @anonymous- Thank you for sharing your testimony and reaffirming that Givers NEVER lack. God is not man that he should lie hence he will continue to bless & reward those that give from a cheerful heart.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts :)